With warmer days (and nights) ahead, now is the perfect time to get your home looking its best. After all, your backyard should be the ideal oasis for entertaining and relaxing. And it’s easier than you might think. Here are five easy ways that you can revamp your property and start living the good life.
1. Outdoor décor – Freshen up and spring into action with simple accessories and fabulous details your family will enjoy all summer long. Pick a color palette (hint: deep orange, teal and yellow are big this season), then brighten your backyard with oversized pillows, cushions, ceramic accent stools and wall art. Mix prints and solids for a sophisticated look. Choose an unusual ottoman, outdoor area rug or even an exotic curtain to create a new space for the whole family. Be sure to choose weather-resistant fabrics, like Sunbrella®, that hold up to rain, sun and cleaning.
2. Walk the line - Why not consider a beautiful new walkway? They add an inviting, charming touch to any home – and they’re easy to design. Garden paths can be done in a number of styles, from rustic to contemporary, connecting outdoor living areas, highlighting flowerbeds and delighting the eye with visual texture. Stone Center’s outdoor galleries feature gorgeous looks from the industry’s leading manufacturers, in a dazzling array of shapes and colors. Come in today and let’s find your path.
3. Flower power – Nothing says spring quite like florals and plantings – Mother Nature’s calling card. Now that the frost is gone, consider a facelift for your yard. Find your green thumb (or the right landscaper) and plant some wonderful annuals and flowering trees to add form and color. Use mulch for a pop of contrast – the dark hues provide a lovely complement to your gardening. And don't forget the planters. Colorful pots are a big hit on the patio...as are unexpected vessels, like an old wagon or lobster trap. We carry a full line of mulch and boulders to help you finish your dreamscape.
4. Take a seat – When it comes to outdoor living, comfort is king. Make sure that your guests feel welcome with enough seating. Extra chairs for dining complete any table, and they look great when mixed and matched. Don’t forget the chaises – just perfect for you and your favorite summer book. Sectionals are also trending this year, and their modular format is great to accommodate large groups. And consider a funky papason or swing – always a crowd pleaser.
5. Wall of fame – Garden walls are the ultimate showcase to any backyard paradise, from the flowers to the outdoor kitchen. A real eye-pleaser, walls are available in a style for every taste and budget, whether you’re looking for a touch of Tuscany or uptown chic. With interesting lighting and water features, a wall becomes the focal point of your property. And a fantastic seating wall adds drama and function to any fire pit. Let our experts help you find the perfect wall for you, from design to installation.